Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mixed Emotions

OK now that school is out for the summer I am getting ready to enter my first year of homeschooling my older girls. I am very excited about this new adventure in our lives but gosh it just hit me and I am SCARED! I sat down this morning to figure our what I still need and WOW. I am going to be teaching my middle girl how to read this year and honestly that scares the pants off of me. LOL! So I am just being real here and I need to get my stuff together and my plan. I am excited about the freedom this year is going to provide but I need to get there first.

3 comments:

Carol Neelands said...

It's so precious to see the light in their eyes when it first dawns on them that they have actually read a word for themselves. It's like taking their first step, you wouldn't want to think someone else would be the one with them at that moment. And teaching them to read is easier that toilet training. And much more fun!

Anna P said...

Good luck with your first year of homeschooling. I have been home schooling for 5 years, but this is my first year with My Father's World (ECC) and we are LOVING it!! We were going to start in Aug, but we were all to eager, so we are started already, this is the end of week 1 for us. I will be blogging about our school year week by week. I look forward to reading about your adventure!

Anna @
http://passionatemotherhood.blogspot.com/

In The Potter's Hand said...

I found you through the MFW Blog Roll. This will be our first year using MFW, but it is our 7th year homeschooling. I also have three girls (10, 8, 5). I have taught two to read and working on the third. You can do it. Homeschooling is so great. All the things we forgot as kids, we relearn right along with our kids. God is faithful and He will bless your efforts.

In Christ,
Kim